Our activities and community relations
For 20 years, we have built deep relationships with a number of communities, with the actors of free software in France, but also internationally (Opensource personalities, company managers, evangelists, experts, members of LUG or associations). These relationships were made through several means: Participation as a speaker or co-organizer of a number of community events or meet-ups, writing technical articles, technical contributions to software.
For 20 years, we have been involved in promoting the use of open source software in all sectors of activity
We have promoted Oepn Source and free software in the Public Sector, banking, insurance sector, start-ups, French Tech. We have also worked to make free software a more and better known technology for the largest number of people as a tool for the development of digital sovereignty and technological independence.
Free software is promoted through press articles, general conferences and education.
In summary and in numbers
- 127 participations in opensource events over the past 10 years
- 26 participations in meet-ups we have co-organised or been speaker at since 2014
- 13 technical publications, either on medium or on specialized magazines
- 49 participations in national or international events to which we have contributed to defend the contribution of open source software since 10 years
- Partnerships with linux student associations of some grandes écoles or interventions in the framework of engineering schools (Polytechnique, Institut Mines Telecom, Polytechnique Hanoi, Telecom Nancy, école 42)
- Finally, a dozen articles over the last 3 years or interviews for the general public that allow to popularize the use of opensource
Participations in events dedicated to free software
LINAGORA has been involved in a number of iconic Free Software events in France: Solutions Linux, Paris Capitale du Libre but also internationally (OSCON, LDAPCon, LinuxCON).
We cover the costs of travel
At LINAGORA, every employee who has a conference booked at an opensource event is offered the costs of their travel and is released for all days involved in the conference.
At LINAGORA, some people are paid to contribute to communities and attend events when they are on important communities (Apache James, Eclipse, Fedora etc). For some events like FOSDEM or LSM, it is whole teams that are propelled on the events to contribute on free software.